It’s almost impossible to live without ever experiencing shoulder pain at some point in life. Shoulder injuries are common because of the shoulder joint’s flexibility and mobility. Shoulder pain often makes it hard to complete everyday tasks like showering, opening doors, and picking things from the floor. If you are experiencing shoulder pain that won’t go away, you may want to seek pain relief from Quinn Chiropractic Center in Arroyo Grande.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Referred pain from mid-back and neck: Referred pain means that the problem is somewhere else, but the pain is felt at the shoulder. Our chiropractor will examine you from the neck to the mid-back identify the root cause of your shoulder pain.
- Rotator cuff tendinitis or bursitis: Bursitis is a common cause of shoulder pain. It is often caused by a repetitive activity that makes the shoulder blades rub against each other, causing inflammation.
- Frozen shoulder: This is a condition that causes severe restriction of movement around the shoulder.
- Rotator cuff tear: Depending on the activity that causes shoulder pain, rotator cuff tear can occur in different degrees. If the tendons separate from the bone, surgery is often necessary to repair it.
- Shoulder dislocation: This is a traumatic injury that occurs when the ball joint of the shoulder joint pops out of its socket.
Who is at Risk of Experiencing Shoulder Pain?
Since your shoulder is incredibly mobile, it’s susceptible to injuries, irritation, and inflammation that can cause pain. People who often perform repetitive overhead movements are more likely to experience shoulder injuries. Athletes, carpenters, gardeners, and factory workers are all more likely to sustain shoulder injuries.
When to Call a Chiropractor
Shoulder pain requires urgent pain relief to allow you to go back to your everyday life. The sooner you get chiropractic care, the more controllable the situation becomes. Chiropractic care also minimizes the chances of your shoulder pain returning in the future. If you are not sure about the cause of your pain, seeing a chiropractor immediately who will help pinpoint the specific cause of the problem may be the best decision. Consider chiropractic care if you experience:
- Shoulder pain that does not go away within a few days
- Recurring intense shoulder pain
- Pain that makes it difficult to carry objects
- Shoulder pain that occurs at specific times of the day
- Shoulder pain that makes it hard for you to raise your arm
Contact Our Chiropractor in Arroyo Grande for Shoulder Pain Relief
If you are looking for chiropractic care for shoulder pain relief in Arroyo Grande, call Quinn Chiropractic Center today at (805) 481-9696.